I don't even think you can delete datasets in workflow presently - let
alone permanently delete them - only "hide" them.

https://trello.com/c/YfLGkJKe

The core team just meet and a number of high priorities for the next 9
months were identified and reworking workflow scheduling was very high
on this list. I would expect an number of key workflow modifications
to be made by early fall that would make this much easier.

https://trello.com/c/K2qLZCrg

My own opinion on the particulars of this topic are that whether
datasets are deleted or permanently deleted should be up to the
workflow runner not the workflow author. In particular, the workflow
"model" describes what datasets are to be deleted and the workflow
runner could opt to permanently delete them if their Galaxy instance
allows this. It is exactly because this is not a universally allowed
option that I think it should not be part of the workflow description
that can be shared between instances and on the tool shed.

-John