Thanks John,

I suggest making this test framework perform this check by default
(the twill and API based frameworks) and seeing what - if anything -
breaks as a result on the Test Tool Shed.

Note that one area of fuzziness is subclasses, e.g. if the tool output
was labelled "fastqsanger", but the <test> just said "fastq", I would
say the test was broken. On the other hand, if the <test> used a
specific datatype like "fastqsanger" but the tool produced a dataset
tagged with a more generic datatype like "fastq" I think that is a
again a real failure.

Peter