I feel like someone should respond to this but I must admin I don't
have a lot of ideas.

I assume you are able to use qsub to submit jobs from the Galaxy
server? This is worth verifying that before anything else. If that
doesn't work - the system configuration needs to be modified.

I think there are a couple different implementations of DRMAA for PBS:

http://apps.man.poznan.pl/trac/pbs-drmaa (I think this is recommend one).
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pbspro-drmaa/

It might be worth trying to compile the latest and great of one or
both and target both.

Galaxy also has a PBS runner that many people use for communicating
with Torque. I think the DRMAA runner should work - but this is a
fallback option as well just to get going.

-John