The current method for supplying parameters to tools using the REST API for
workflows is fairly broken. The structure is as follow:

  "parameters":{
    "tool_1": {
        "param":"param_name",
        "value":"param value"
    },
    "tool_2": {
        "param":"param_name",
        "value":"param value"
    }

This structure means that it is impossible to submit more than 1 parameter
per tool within a workflow. Tools themselves, and workflows that use them,
have no problems with accepting multiple parameters. We should be
supporting something more like the following:

  "parameters":{
    "tool_1": {
        "param_name1":"param value 1"
        "param_name2":"param value 2"
    },
    "tool_2": {
        "tool_2_param_name1":"param value 1"
        "tool_2_param_name2":"param value 2"
    }

Is there any work towards something like this taking place? I imagine that
the REST API could support both formats (if the tool parameters dict has
anything in it other than "param" and "value", use the new structure) for
backwards compatibility.

Thanks,
Jim