Hello Eric,

Please use Biostar or the Galaxy dev mail list rather than individual email
addresses in order to ensure faster responses.  Pleasse see my responses below.

On Jul 14, 2014, at 10:20 AM, Eric Rasche <rasche.e...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Howdy Greg,
>
> Since there isn't really a public/published roadmap and you're the
> toolshed guy, I'm emailing to see if I can find out what's in the
> toolshed's future.

The tool shed Trello board at https://trello.com/b/vHqpKpZF/galaxy-tool-shed is
the roadmap for the Tool Shed.  Just like the Galaxy Development Trello board,
you should be able to add new cards to the Inbox, and vote on existing cards to
raise their priority.  Please let us know if you are not able to do these
things.

> Specifically, I'm wondering if there will be API calls for the following
> things:
>
> - - creating repositories

I've added the following Trello card for the above feature.  However, it is
currently possible to create new repositories via the API by importing a
repository capsule (i.e., ~/api/repositories/import_capsule).

https://trello.com/c/cUUWeBCi/234-enhance-the-api-to-enable-creation-of-new-repositories

> - - obtaining a list of categories

The above was introduced in the June 2, 2014 release, so, for example, the
following will work.

https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/api/categories

> - - obtaining category information within the /api/repositories call

I've added the following Trello card for this feature.

https://trello.com/c/n7P0GE1P/235-enhance-the-api-repositories-feature