Apologies John - hit reply instead of reply-all first time around...

Maybe this is the right place to ask about the shed_tools and tool deps
directory permissions. Installing tools from the web I get a mixed bag of
folder permission, some at 775, some at 777

drwxrwxr-x 43 galaxy galaxy 4.0K Apr  9 16:44 devteam drwxrwxr-x 27 galaxy
galaxy 4.0K Jul 10 14:15 iuc
drwxrwxr-x  4 galaxy galaxy   60 Mar 27 11:24 lparsons
drwxrwxrwx  3 galaxy galaxy   28 Jun 19 09:42 ngsplot
drwxrwxrwx  3 galaxy galaxy   32 Apr  9 16:40 pjbriggs

drwxrwxrwx  3 galaxy galaxy   24 Jun 23 16:41 readline
drwxrwxrwx  3 galaxy galaxy   27 Jul 10 14:10 rnastar
drwxrwxr-x  6 galaxy galaxy   72 Jun 23 16:40 samtools
drwxrwxrwx  3 galaxy galaxy   26 Jun 23 16:36 sqlite

On a 'run as real user' setup all users need read/execute access so you can't
lock down the upper-level directory holding the tools and deps. Having write
open to anyone when a tool is installed is then pretty nasty as in theory
someone could maliciously modify something.

Wondering if I'm missing some setting in Galaxy somewhere that would result in
775 all the time for newly installed tools and their deps?

--
David Trudgian Ph.D.
Computational Scientist, BioHPC

Please contact biohpc-help@utsouthwestern with general BioHPC inquries.