On Jan 11, 2016, at 2:42 PM, Dooley, Damion wrote:
> ... we're testing out a basic scripting language ... meant to provide [folks]
> with
> ways to [do something] without having to be programmers ...
>   if( lt(/N50 200000) set(report/job/status FAIL))
>
> Math is accomplished by python built-in math functions ...

It could well be that's the only way to accomplish what you want in whatever
environment you're in.  But the use of prefix notation and a funny name, for an
operator like "<" that non-programmers use familiarly as infix, would seem
contrary to the stated goal that the user needn't be a programmer.

If math can be accomplished via python, why not "<"?  By "math" do you only
mean function calls, and not arithmetic operators?  Is it that  python eval()
can't be used because of security issues?

Bob H