Hi Keith,

with this PR merged
https://github.com/bgruening/docker-galaxy-stable/pull/164

You can use the Galaxy Docker Image and pass in the -e BARE=True option.
This will give you an production ready Galaxy Instance without tools,
but with FTP Server, scheduler and activated TS.

You could even create your own flavour out of it.
Have a look at the readme for more informations:

https://github.com/bgruening/docker-galaxy-stable/blob/master/README.md#extending-the-docker-image

Hope this helps, I will merge the PR over the weekend hopefully.

Cheers,
Bjoern