Hi Jochen,

I’m not sure I follow exactly. The SVG format is basically an XML file that can
be visualized as a graphic. Whether it will be displayed as a graphic within
your browser or as text generally depends upon the mime type that is set. If
the mime type is set as text/plain, it will render as plain text, if it is set
as image/svg+xml it will be rendered as an image; the previously mentioned flag
will control which is used for this datatype. However, the actual file contents
are the same.

Dan