Hi all,

I have been trying to finish up a production cluster Galaxy installation, and
am having trouble with the below error.  In the past, when seeing something
along these lines, I usually can adjust environmental variables either in
startup scripts, or by including a script for Galaxy to source before it sends
out a job.  I have tried all of these different methods, but I can’t seem to
get rid of this error message in any tool invocation.  I currently have
“embed_metadata_in_job” set to False in my job_conf.xml file.  This removes a
“No module named galaxy_ext.metadata.set_metadata” error, but this hashlib
error remains.  If I could understand a little more about the steps that are
taken when sending out a job, perhaps I could better diagnose this?

“””
Could not find platform dependent libraries
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to [:]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "~/galaxydev/galaxy/tools/data_source/upload.py", line 14, in
    import tempfile
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/tempfile.py", line 35, in
    from random import Random as _Random
 File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/random.py", line 49, in
    import hashlib as _hashlib
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 116, in
    import _hashlib
ImportError: No module named _hashlib
“””

Thanks,