Hi Anup, Hello everyone,
Thanks for sharing this amazing work!
Your project make me remember previous ideas we investigate on a workflow
oriented way with notably Mouhamadou Ba, copied. Maybe we can try to go further
on it if interested....
Furthermore, I am wondering if this work can help to go further on initiated
Galaxy tools translation .... https://github.com/manabuishii/galaxy-translation
... probably not relevant....
Wishing you all a very good week-end.
Kind regards,
Yvan

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.
-------- Message d'origine --------De : anup kumar <anup.ru...@gmail.com> Date
: 03/02/2018  02:57  (GMT+01:00) À : galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.org Objet :
[galaxy-dev] Predict similar tools for Galaxy tools using text   mining and
machine learning
Hello everyone,

Greetings!

I am a contributor to the Galaxy project and currently working on finding
similarities in Galaxy tools (a part of my master's thesis). This work aims at
finding similar tools for any Galaxy tool based on tools description and their
input/output file types.

For example, the similar tools for a tool "bowtie2" could be "bwa", "bwameth"
or "bwa_mem" among others.

To see the results of this project online, please visit the link (works fine on
Firefox and Chrome). You should wait for a few seconds before you see a list of
tools in the select list as the page loads a big JSON file (~100MB)
asynchronously. Once the tools are loaded, please choose a tool and see the
similar ones for your favourite tool(s). The similar tools are arranged in the
descending order of their probability scores (top 20 are shown). The similar
tools that you see are a mixture of tools extracted based on the selected
tool's description and file types. It means that sometimes the tools are
similar due to their description/kind of functions they have and sometimes due
to their file types. Also, there are a few graphics/plots at the end of the
page.

Here is the code repository to read more about this project.

I have followed the following approach to compute the similar tools:
Text mining to collect and preprocess the tools' keywords (which represent a
tool) - BM25
Matrix factorization to extract important concepts (and not just words) -
Latent Semantic Analysis
Optimization to combine probability distributions - Gradient Descent and
Backtracking Line Search
Further, I have plans to include:
Deep learning approach to compute similarity between paragraphs inspired from
this work
Similarity in workflowsIf you have any comment/feedback, please write. It will
be immensely helpful.
Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Anup Kumar