Thanks for getting back to us - this was actually my guess from the
original email - that it was not a blastn error message, but a Galaxy
message before ever calling BLAST.

My guess is you are seeing this issue, or something like it, with
having to restart Galaxy to reload the *.loc files?

https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/issues/3171

Peter