Hi Sandra,

if the goal is to import data into galaxy from disk you can designate an
area as `user_library_import_dir` (see
https://docs.galaxyproject.org/en/master/admin/options.html#user-library-import-dir)
and
configure user_library_import_dir_auto_creation,
user_library_import_symlink_whitelist
and user_library_import_check_permissions as appropriate.
The import process can either copy datasets or use symlinks to these files
on disk.
 If the goal is to export files from Galaxy back to the cluster file
system you could use
https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/earlhaminst/export_to_cluster/9838eed606ad

I hope that helps,
Marius