Hi Lizex,

> I've started analyzing my RNA-Seq data for two time points: Day0 and Day4 for
> control and treated. I've done aligning the data to the reference genome
> using Tophat. I've removed duplicates from the data sets. Could somebody
> please tell me, how important is it to remove duplicates and how will it
> influence my results if I don't remove?

This depends on whether you are removing duplicates in your fastq data and/or
multi-mapping reads either using Tophat or post-processing steps. In any case,
this approach that will affect quantitation outputs from Cufflinks and likely
transcript assemblies as well.

> I want to start with Cufflinks all the way through to Cuffdiff. Where do I
> start since there are just so many options (in the manual) to choose from?
> What do I look for?

Here's a tutorial that will help you get started with RNA-seq analysis:
http://main.g2.bx.psu.edu/u/jeremy/p/galaxy-rna-seq-analysis-exercise

Galaxy makes it easy to experiment with different parameter values, so you'll
want to read the Cufflinks/compare/diff manual and adjust parameters that are
relevant to your data:

http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu/manual.html

In general, RNA-seq studies look at (a) transcripts assembled; (b) expression
values; and (c) differential expression estimates.

Good luck,
J.