Hi Eric,

UCSC has many details on their web site about how to customize color coding in BAM data, please see:

http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/bam.html
http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/hgBamTrackHelp.html

The Text Manipulation tools in Galaxy may be helpful for certain steps and the track controls at UCSC for others. If you have questions, asking them directly at gen...@soe.ucsc.edu would be the best advice (sometimes they also reply to this mailing list, so we can watch for that). Or, you can search their mailing list archives to see if the topic has been brought up before: http://genome.ucsc.edu/contacts.html

Best wishes for your project,

Jen
Galaxy team