Hello Jianguang,

Two different data are being mixed up: genome vs annotation

reference genome (format: fasta) vs reference annotation (format: GTF)

To annotation your sequences against the mm9 reference genome, choose locally cashed and select mm9 from the pull down menu.

Then, optionally, if you want to guide the mapping with a reference annotation GTF file, that is what the genes.gtf file represents. The option is set on the TopHat form under:

TopHat settings to use: Full Paramater list
Use Own Junctions: Yes
Use Gene Annotation Model: Yes
Gene Model Annotations: <select the dataset with the GTF file>

Best,

Jen
Galaxy team