On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Nate Coraor <n...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> On Oct 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, greg wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm following the instructions here to install Galaxy on our SGE cluster.
>> http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Performance/Cluster
>> (I'm aiming for the unified install)
>>
>> Here are a couple of questions I'm hoping someone could clear up for me:
>>
>> How exactly do I use virtual env to make Galaxy install all the Python
>> libraries there instead of on the system?  How will Galaxy know to use
>> the virtualenv to run and to use it for grid jobs?
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> You should start at the top level documentation for production servers:
>
>     http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Performance/Production%20Server
>
> This includes instructions on how to set up a virtualenv.  You can make this
> the default by setting the $PATH in the Galaxy user's ~/.bash_profile to
> include the virtualenv's bin directory (at the beginning of $PATH).

This makes sense, but I ultimately want to run the jobs as the logged
in user as per this page:
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Performance/Cluster#Submitting_Jobs_as_the_Real_User

It wouldn't be feasible to add the virtualenv to every users' path.
I'm hoping there's some kind of other way?

Thanks again,

Greg