Hi All,

After I finshed Tophat alignment for RNA-seq, I took look at the details of
parameters by clicking the icon "View details", and I got the information as
shown below:

Input Parameter Value   Note for rerun
RNA-Seq FASTQ file      73: Filtered Groomed data1_rep2
Use a built in reference genome or own from your history        indexed
Select a reference genome       /galaxy/data/mm9/bowtie_index/mm9
Is this library mate-paired?    single
TopHat settings to use  full
Library Type    FR Unstranded
Anchor length (at least 3)      None
Maximum number of mismatches that can appear in the anchor region of spliced
alignment  None
The minimum intron length       None
The maximum intron length       None
Allow indel search      No
Maximum number of alignments to be allowed      None
Minimum intron length that may be found during split-segment (default) search
None
Maximum intron length that may be found during split-segment (default) search
None
Number of mismatches allowed in the initial read mapping        None
Number of mismatches allowed in each segment alignment for reads mapped
independently   None
Minimum length of read segments None
Use Own Junctions       Yes
Use Gene Annotation Model       Yes
Gene Model Annotations  1: mm9 genes.gtf
Use Raw Junctions       No
Only look for supplied junctions        No
Use Closure Search      No
Use Coverage Search     Yes
Minimum intron length that may be found during coverage search  None
Maximum intron length that may be found during coverage search  None
Use Microexon Search    No

I am totally confused by so many "None"s.

Then I checked the workflow I set and used for the TopHat alignment, the
details are the same as above.

However, the brief description just under the title of alignment output (.
accepted hits) is as below:

format: bam, database: mm9
Tophat for Illumina on data 1 and data 73: accepted_hits, TopHat v1.4.0 tophat
-p 8 -a 8 -m 0 -i 70 -I 500000 -g 20 -G
/galaxy/main_pool/pool1/files/004/425/dataset_4425972.dat --library-type
fr-unstranded --no-novel-indels --coverage-search --min-cove

Could you please tell me is there anything wrong (because so many "None" in the
detail parameters)?

Thanks.

Jianguang DU