Benoit Minisini schrieb:
> On lundi 15 septembre 2008, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> just a short question on UTF-8: in a Gambas 1 project, I've got a
>> ListBox and a ComboBox, both with the same contents: a short list of
>> names like A 08 or C 07.
>>
>> One of them is "Ü 08". The Listbox and the ComboBox both show these
>> items correctly on screen. But when I read out the "Ü 08" from the
>> ComboBox (ComboBox.Current.Text), the text isn't delivered correctly
>> into the internal string. The ListBox however does deliver it correctly,
>> so it's still a "Ü 08".
>>

>> What would you do to get a correctly made up string from the ComboBox?
>> The problem is that I have to make a path from it like
>>
>> "/this/there" &/ theString & ".ending"
>>
>> where the theString results in some ".. 08" instead of "Ü 08" when it's
>> read from the ComboBox.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Rolf
>>

> Well done: you have found a bug there since the beginning!
>
> But it will only be fixed in Gambas2...
>
> Note that the ComboBox.Text property does not have the bug, so maybe you can
> use that to find a workaround...
>
> Regards,

Cool - found a bug :-)

About your note: it's the ComboBox that gives the faulty string; the
ListBox gives UTF-8 correctly. So the ComboBox has the bug???

Anyway, thinking it over, I had the idea to use a separate list (array)
with correct values and only use the index property of the ComboBox to
point to it. So I'll be back at my own philosophy of "never use UI
elements for storage" but keep UI and data strictly apart.

Regards

Rolf