Can anyone suggest a way to do this?

I have a treeview which I intend to use as a simple list of tasks to perform.
The treeview selection and pictures and stuff are controlled and
affected by other objects in the form.

What I need is a way to keep the user from clicking on different items
on the treeview, because the seleced = true proerty changes when the
user clicks on it.

I really dont want to use the treeview.enabled = false method. This
grays out the entire trieeview.
I need it to look alive, but yet be locked for any clicking