It is a mistake in the ubuntu / debian package I had the same problem and
manually installed and configured Gambas2 thru the ./configure etc method.
Look up on the main Gambas2 website how to compile and install Gambas and it
will list the dependencies and steps needed to do so.   One of the
maintainers of the Ubuntu Gambas packages said he would fix it but I haven't
heard of a new package since.  Maybe they are waiting till 3.0?

Search the message forums and you should find more on this.  Though it is
quite hard sometimes to find all the dependencies.

BTW it might actually be faster to take another distro package and convert
it to Debian? If you have problems finding the dependencies. OR even run
another Distro of Linux- I know the Slackware version doesn't have this
issue.

JB Skaggs