On Sunday 24 May 2009, guiodic wrote:
> I can measure the WRITE execution time.
> This would be usefus to get the real trasfer rate: If WRITE take a second,
> the transer rate is 1KB/s.
> Is it correct?

No, this is not correct.

My internet connection is 20Mbits (20/8 = 2500 KByte/second)
When I write 1Kb (8kbit) it goes with 20Mbs speed on the wire.

Using packets of 1 KByte every second is a transfer rate (bandidth)
The average is then the wished 1 Kbits using 1/2500 second and the
remainder of 2499 Kbits is free for other tasks.

Best regards,

Ron_1st