Jean-Yves F. Barbier wrote:
> Nick Rathke a écrit :
>
>> Hi Gambas users,
>>
>> I was wondering if any one is using Gambas for Science related work ?
>>

> No, I tried to rule the world through Gambas, but it didn't worked (yet:)
>

>> Would Gambas modules fo OpenMPI, OpenMP, CUDA be useful ? How about BLAS
>> or Lapack ?
>>

> May be it is not the right way to consider it, AFAIK these have also command
> line
> possibilities, so may be writing a nice GUI with Gambas and call/retrieve
> with it
> is the solution -
True to some degree. They are all also c/c++ libraries with proper
API's. CUDA is a bit of a different animal with it's own compiler
however, there are wrappers for other languages ie jCUDA and pyCUDA. So
next maybe gb.CUDA ?

>  Yours involve inclusion of alien programming that will call for
> too much dependencies (and compilation/optimization problems) and trying to
> see
> things by Benoît's eyes: its hard enough to maintain AND develop one whole
> language
> to loose time with alien inclusions/evolutions.

Point very well taken. I do note that the gb.opengl components are
maintained Laurent Carlier and I am sure there are a few othere
developers involved with many of the other components as well.

Granted I am very very new to Gambas but it seems like a very open and
modular system. So personally I see no reason why Benoît would need to
support or in anyway be involved with maintaining third party components.
> JY

Thanks for the feed back!