On Tuesday 15 September 2009, Peter Landgren wrote:
> > > Using Gambas 2.16.
> > >
> > > /Peter
> >
> > TextLabel wants HTML: so you must use <

Then it should be named HtmLabel ???
IMHO text is text and a<b should show a<b

> > Regards,
> Thanks,
>
> Found it in the documentation too.
>
> However a simple ">" works OK.
> And the ";" seems not to be necessary, it's enough with "&lt".

Bad habbit to do. This way we have got already to many bad
websites due IE wich do/did accept this in the past. Not a w3c std.

Try this in your label: " I say '&lt' is not equal to '&lt;' "
Read it now strict as text and look then in your label.

BTW.
When the TextLabel goes follow the strict HTML rules or
XML rules your app is broken.
A TextLabel should show IMHO the example exact as typed here.

> /Peter

Best regards,

Ron_1st