On Wednesday 23 September 2009 21:36:37 you wrote:
> I have always created the project without the subversion option enabled.
> The added the project to the svn repo.
> after that, then you open the project with the gambas ide you can commit
> and update using the gui. Always worked for me

Do you mean you did this
1) A SVN is setup somewhere you want to access
2) You download that svn manually from a terminal to your machine
3) You then point gambas to that directory
4) Gambas then 'knows' this is an svn project and treats it accordingly?

Also, I 've been finding that gambas somehow corrupts the svn under some
circumstances - it seems to be around a couple of scenarios  that I havn't
quite defined.One seems to be when I've added a new directory from within
gambas and then deleted it within the same session without a commit in
between. Also re-naming files seems to be a problem.

Another question I thought one could copy files from outside ones svn into the
svn tree and that svn would cope with this.

Also that I could delete files externally then do an update and svn would
replace them - apparently not so with the missing files as described below.

My svn is in a real mess at the moment and I can't commit anything even on the
command line as I get this sequence:

richard ~/coding/trunk  $  svn update
At revision 185.
richard ~/coding/trunk  $  svn commit -m "help files"
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Directory '/home/richard/coding/trunk/help/introduction/.svn' containing
working copy admin area is missing
richard ~/coding/trunk  $

Not sure how to untangle this as there are all sorts of hidden files involved.

HELP!!!! anyone!!!

thanks

Richard