> http://gambasdoc.org/help/lang/foreach
>
> "The order of the enumeration in not necessarily predictable. See the
> documentation of each enumerable class for more details on that."
>
>  I can't find any else information on that topic.
>  What does that mean?
>
> Jussi

It means that sometimes the order of elements is predictable, sometimes it is
not.

If you enumerate an array or a collection, the order is predictable. Arrays
are enumerated by index, while collections are enumerated by following the
element creation order.

The following code:

        Dim aArray As New String[] = [ "blue", "white", "red" ]
        Dim aCol As New Collection = [ "a": "blue", "b": "white", "c": "red" ]
        Dim sVal As String

        For Each sVal in aArray
          Print sVal;;
        Next
        Print

        For Each sVal in cCol
          Print sVal;;
        Next
        Print

will print:

        blue white red
        blue white red

For other enumerable classes, you must suppose that the order of enumeration
is random, unless the contrary is explicitely written in the class
documentation.

Benoît Minisini