> Let's say first I assign a picture to a menu:
>
>   DIM Pic AS Picture
>   Pic = NEW Picture(18, 18)
>   Pic.Fill(Color.Black)
>   MenuCustomColor.Picture = Pic
>
> When I try to modify a picture assigned to a menu, if I use
>
>   MenuCustomColor.Picture.Fill(Dialog.Color)
>
> it does not do anything.
>
> Instead I have to do:
>
>   DIM Pic AS Picture
>   Pic = MenuCustomColor.Picture
>   Pic.Fill(Dialog.Color)
>   MenuCustomColor.Picture = Pic
>
> Why is that?

Because the underlying toolkit uses its own "picture" object that is not
automatically reassigned to the control automatically. In other words, assume
that the Picture property returns a copy of the underlying picture.

I did a workaround only for the Control.Font property. I mean, settings
Control.Font.Bold for example automatically reassigns the control font so that
you see the change.

> And is this the correct way to do this?

So, yes!

Benoît Minisini