on OpenSuSe 11.0
kernel 2.6.25.20
libtool 1.5.26

I tried some svn versions with ./reconf-all as user with the result:
Remember to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' to `configure.ac'.
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autom4te: cannot open autom4te.cache/requests: no rights
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

"no rights" even if I set the rights for the user.

Next I tried ./reconf-all as root and got lots of messages like:
gbc/Makefile.am:5: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
gbc/Makefile.am:5:   The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
gbc/Makefile.am:5:   to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
gbc/Makefile.am:5:   If `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' is in `configure.ac', make sure
gbc/Makefile.am:5:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.
gbx/Makefile.am:5: library used but `RANLIB' is undefined
gbx/Makefile.am:5:   The usual way to define `RANLIB' is to add `AC_PROG_RANLIB'
gbx/Makefile.am:5:   to `configure.ac' and run `autoconf' again.
finally:
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

What's wrong here?
A few months ago, I installed Gambas3 (where to find the version?) without any
problems.

Thanks for any hints.
Matti