> Benoît Minisini schrieb:
> >> so how does the driver know where to write a result record to in a
> >> database?
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> tobi
> >
> > Well, do you know what SQL is?
>
> i know that it is a query language to manipulate data in databases, but
> that doesn't seem to be enough if you can answer my question with the
> definition of sql :-)
>
> regards,
> tobi

Gambas database drivers communicates with the client libraries mainly by using
SQL statements. They do not know where to write a result in the database.

But they need to identify a record to modify it, and the only standard way is
having a primary key in the table. With no primary key, you can't use the
Edit() method.

Benoît Minisini