> Hi Benoit,
> Sorry to bother you again. I have installed QtConfig and found I could
> change my default 'Background' color, which I did to HD3DFEB. This then
> appeared in my Gambas3 color dialog but the behaviour is very different
> with QT4 and GTK components. This explains my earlier problem with
> different color palettes for Gambas 2 and 3. I am guessing that QT
> configures itself to the system palette at the time of installation and
> does not reconfigure when your theme is changed. Hence the need for
> QTConfig.
> The other thing I discovered is that, if you change the system colors in
> the QT color dialog then they only work for QT components. GTK
> components will use the OS color scheme unless you specify a Custom
> color in the color dialog.
> SO I understand how it works and can work around any problems.
> Perhaps, as a newcomer to Gambas, you can explain why we have GTK and QT
> libraries as they seem to duplicate each other. Is it just personal
> choice? I used QT in Gambas 2 as I needed the Printer object but I
> switched to GTK in Gambas3.
> Regards
> Michael

By having a QT and a GTK+ component that share the same interface:

1) You can write your program, and change the GUI as you like.

2) By using the gb.gui component, your program will use GTK+ on Gnome and QT
on KDE.

Of course, as GTK+ and QT are very different, the two Gambas components cannot
behave 100% identical, and sometimes one have a bug that the other one don't
have.

But I try to make them identical as much as possible, so do not hesitate to
report when they behave differently.

Benoît Minisini