Benoit,
I have investigated print problems further and posted following question
on Ubuntu One website. It would appear to be a Ubuntu problem not a
Gambas problem.

There are many different Print dialogs but one is very common and is
used by Gimp, Shutter, Evloution and Simple Scan. In all these apps the
"Page Size" and "Orientation" are disabled. The same dialog in Firefox,
Thunderbird and GEdit works OK. I program in Gambas3 which uses this
dialog in conjunction with the GTK+ library and it also has these
options disabled. If I use the QT4 library then a different print dialog
is displayed with no problems. Anybody else notice this problem and
found a solution?

--
Regards
Michael