On Sun, 2011-05-01 at 17:32 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found a workaround for the buggy global menu in Ubuntu Natty. I put it
> in revision #3824.
>
> I don't use Natty, so I have tested the fix with the KDE Plasma global menu
> applet only.
>
> The workaround is a environment variable that tells Qt to display its menu
> both in the global menu and in the application. 'Dunno why, but then the
> global menu appears, and you can hide the local one from the IDE.
>
> I'm afraid it's the better that I can do.
>
> Be aware that apparently that global menu thing works only for applications
> that use menus in a well-defined conservative way. The Gambas3 IDE has a lot
> of menus everywhere, so I think it is too complex for the global menu applet.
> Other applications like Lyx have problems too.

I upgraded my Ubuntu 64 to 11.04 classic mode as Unity said my hardware
wasn't up to snuff. :-(

I just recompiled the latest build and all went well. I haven't done any
real testing yet but I didn't get any compiler complaints and everything
looks like it got built.

More after I have had some time to work with this build.

John