Thanks, I worked out my issue was I was passing a null pointer to the
memory function and then calling my external function. The error I kept
getting was a type mismatch and did not make sense to me as the docs led me
to believe that the Memory steam was a declaration, not a function on an
actual pointer.

It was late here and I may have misread the docs. A sample in the
documentation would be great as well as adding a note to the page on using
external libraries on how to Read and write to memory streams from Gambas
3. That document has other note about using Gambas 3 but does not mention
that Gambas 3 can no longer use pointers to read from memory as the example
shows. I only found that information while reading through the stream
documentation.

Thank you for your response!