I had the same problem, it's there, but hidden by default (click the arrows
on right side and bottom of the IDE screen to see it, when in form mode)

There use to be a toolbar icon in gambas2 who made the toolbox visible with
one click, but it's not there anymore in gambas3, better re-add it to take
away the confusion.

Regards,
Ron_2nd.