Thanks (tobi) for the help. Now i solved the problem. The is not related to
gambas. String manipulation was incorrect in my program which resulted the
error to look like the "subject". Also i understood the power of print for
debugging / tracking errors.

From: tobi <tobiasboeg...@googlemail.com>
Sent: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 21:28:00
To: sundar_...@rediffmail.com, mailing list for gambas users
<gambas-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Load hidden file to variable?
On Mon, 02 Apr 2012, sundar j wrote:

> Print Error is False for both if statement and file.load function. I have
checked file permission and it is root. I think file permission is not an issue
here since it does not even detect file. Also i have tested the same with other
file (root permission) and it works perfectly. Again i need not have to edit
the file.

wow, mail citation gets weird now.

could we quickly recall? to clarify things to me, too... this all works as
expected (gives True):

Print Exist("~/....")

Print Access("~/....", gb.Read)

and