On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 14:29 +0300, Demosthenes Koptsis wrote:

> Hello i would like to inform you about a basic language perhaps you may
> already know.
>
> The old KBasic is now Q7Basic
> http://www.q7basic.org/
>
> This project has some nice features, it is an object oriented Basic
> compiler which generates equivalent C++ code, managing QT widgets and
> classes natively !
> This means that you write in Basic language Qt code.
> The compiler makes for you C++ files and a Qt Project that can be opened
> in QtCreator.

> example for a PushButton with object name "a":
> Signal on_a_clicked(Checked As Boolean)
>
>      MsgBox("on_a_clicked")
>
>      Dim w As QWidget = OpenWindow("window1")' returned qwidget is
> useable when it is still open only
>
> End Signal

> It is object oriented
> It supports polymorphism
> It uses ui files and QtDesigner as GUI builder
> You can use C++ libs in your Basic Source code !!!
> and more, see the site.
>
> Actually has been going to be named QtBasic but this was not able due
> some copyright laws and the project named Q7Basic.
>
> Benoit see it you can evaluate it better and see if there are any nice
> features for Gambas

Interesting. Thanks Demosthenes.

A quick look-review (may save some others a bit of time):
  It looks very "early days" yet, no generic database connectivity, etc
  The forum topics do  not give one a very warm feeling
  Documentation is very flat, no navigation and searching is poor
  In general, to me it looks like a VB# front end to Qt and little else
  .. and apparently it's not free (as in beer)

But good luck to them.