Every day seems to be Friday the 13th at the moment!

Every so often, I manage to write a Property that has "No return value".
(It's always a case of something I have done, so it's not a gambas
problem.)

Today, I have done it again and I can't work out what it is that's
wrong.

In class Meeting
        Property Read KnownMeeting as Boolean
        Private Function KnownMeeting_Read() As Boolean
        '==============================================
        ' Returns a quick check as to whether the meeting already exists
        ' on the database.

          Dim m As New Meeting

          If m.Exists([$trackcode, Format($racedate, "yymmdd")]) Then
            Return True
          Else
            Return False
          Endif

        Catch
            Error Subst("&1\nERR: ... blah blah blah, never happens.

        End

(The Meeting class is a database interface in a library.  The
Meeting.Exists([pkey]) As Boolean is a method that just checks for the
existence of the primary key in the pk index tables.*)

For the life of me I cannot see what I have done wrong here!

Any suggestions?

Bruce

* For those that are interested, depending on the table size in terms of
rows and complexity in terms of columns/column types and the proper use
of index regeneration doing things this way can be of the order of 300+
times faster than loading the record itself.  Proven in both postgresql
and (yuck) mysql.
In postgresql it Exec's "SELECT EXISTS(Select 1 from &1 where &2) AS
ind" where &1 is the table and &2 is the pkey values.  I have forgotten
the equivalent in mysql.