Updates:
        Labels: -Version Version-3.2.0

Comment #2 on issue 263 by benoit.m...@gmail.com: The TextBox will remain
always in the foreground.
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=263

There is a problem with GTK+, that sometimes uses an X11 window for drawing
controls (like TextBox), and sometimes does not.

Consequently, if you send a TextBox to the background, you will continue to
see it (or part of it).

I don't know what you want to achieve exactly. Please give more details,
and I may be able to tell you what to do to workaround that problem.

As for the CheckBox, please provide more details : a screenshot for
example. The better of course being a project that allows me to reproduce
the problem on my computer!