Comment #9 on issue 257 by ea7...@gmail.com: Database password retrieval
error and abort in IDE
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=257

Although I was able to bypass the issue by deleting and recreating the
connection file (in the gambasforge project) here is a bit of information
I've research:

Tested on Debian Squeeze with an old revision 4793 didn't solve the issue.
Updated to latest svn, also the same problem. The content of the
original "GambasForge.connection" file was:

# Gambas Connection File 3.0
        [Connection]
        Type="mysql"
        Host="localhost"
        User="root"
        RememberPassword=True
        IgnoreCharset=True
        Database="GambasForge"

Deleting connection file and creating a new one solves this problem. Of
course, its contents is the same in both files, old and newer. Tested on
Squeeze and Linux Mint 13. Perhaps we'll never know ;-)

Thanks anyway, now I'm struggling on how to install GambasForge on my test
server