On Wed, 29 Aug 2012, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 11:57 +0200, Tobias Boege wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, rocko wrote:
> > > Been trying to get a dataview to expand when the window is maximized.
> > > I assume the dataview needs a container to do that, but which container?
> > >

> > > --
> > > rocko <sunblast...@gmail.com>
> > >

> > You mean: Resize the DataView when the Window is resized?
> > Fortunately, Gambas is Basic so that goes rather programmatically:
> >
> > Public Sub Form_Resize() ' Catch the Resize event of the Window
> >     DataView.Resize(...) ' Insert values; you can refer to the new
> >                          ' dimensions of the Window via Me.W, Me.H
> > End
> >
> > The Window itself is your container in this case but I can't recall any
> > container that resizes its children automatically...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
>
> ??? How about any container that has an Arrangement property ???
> (including Form).
>
> or have I misunderstood?

Hmm, I don't know :-) *If I well understood* he wants to keep the
dimensions of the DataView sync with the Window it lives in...
I didn't know Arrange.Fill and I don't want to test what the resulting
layout looks like, i.e. if proportions are kept for this purpose, but that
could do it - never used.

Regards,
Tobi