On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Gavin Reeve Frost <grfr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK since i cannot capture a key press outside of a form.
>
> Does anybody know if there is a way to make
> a form permanently active even if another application is
> being used like Firefox the form must remain active
> so that my key press is captured by the form. I only want one
> key to be captured by my form when Firefox is open the F12 key.

"permanently active" wouldn't be a lot of fun for your users because
they wouldn't be able to use any other apps.
Best option IMHO is to configure the  window manager to run a
particular command whenever
F12 is pressed. The command might have to be a gambas script that then
uses DBus to report back to your
application that the key has been pressed.

Ian