On 19/10/2012, Christer Johansson <li...@hth.com> wrote:

> It would be great if it leaved the exisiting comments intact since
> when dealing with large .conf files comments are IMHO invaluable to
> have in there.

Just a thought, Christer, but have you tried using "comment" entries
in your settings? What I mean is have, for example, a settings key
like:

"MyprogState/comment"

which would give you an entry like:

[MyprogState]
comment=Any string you like to describe this section

You can ignore the comment entries yourself when reading the .conf
file, or re-write them if it makes sense to do so.

Just a thought...

Richard