Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 459 by supp...@domotiga.nl: Gambas 3.4.2 IDE not working
recompile all when downgrading
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=459

1) Describe the problem.

When I downgraded from trunk to stable (3.4.2) I ran into issues with out
of date bytecode errors.
Doing a Compile All from IDE doesn't solve them.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

Version: 3.4.2
Revision:
[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.8.0-26-generic
Architecture=x86
Distribution=Ubuntu 13.04
Desktop=GNOME
Theme=QGtk
Language=en_US.UTF-8
Memory=2017M

[Libraries]
GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.17
Poppler=libpoppler.so.28.0.0
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.4
SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.

I had trunk installed, but want to compile proper binaries for end users.
So installed 3.4.2 version (from svn tag/3.4.2)

Versions when trunk installed:

$ gbx3 -V
3.4.90 r5769
$ gbc3 -V
3.4.90 r5769

After sudo make install of 3.4.2:

$ gbx3 -V
3.4.2

$ gbc3 -V
3.4.2

Now open existing project and run it, I got attached error.

Doing a Compile All (ALT-F7) doesn't fix it.
Reopening project, nothing solves it.

The files under .gambas stay old. It only seems to recompile a few files
which are open in IDE.

ls -l .gambas
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ron ron    684 aug  4 12:23 CTIMERDELAY
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ron ron    692 aug  4 12:23 CTIMERONOFF

Doing in gbc3 -agpmt in project dir is the only way to fix this.

6) By doing that carefully, you have done 50% of the bug fix job!

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you encounter several different problems or bugs, (for
example, a bug in your project, and an interpreter crash while debugging
it), please create distinct issues!

Attachments:
        Screenshot from 2013-08-05 16:00:43.png  39.6 KB

issue notifications to this address.