On Thu, 08 Aug 2013, monika wrote:
> hi Benoit,GAMBAS2 is now being used in school teaching in KERALA state in
> INDIA. Using GAMBAS2 we (some teachers of KERALA) wrote a software called
> SETIGam(Self Evaluation Tool In Gambas) to help our students in their
> learning process. It is very much apprieciated and the students are very
> much intrested in it. We hope this will give a good promotion to GAMBAS2 in
> our state. Thank u Benoit for ur great servise and we salute your
> genius..........

Nice! But why Gambas2 and not 3?

Well, we don't immediately salute your genius, Benoit :-) But Gambas since
2.9 (or something around that) was used at Markgraf-Albrecht-Gymnasium
(grammar school) Osterburg. It superseded Delphi since 2009.

Actually this year, we had Gambas3 trunk (yes, I went up and packaged it
from time to time) running on the students' computers. I got to give some
lessons to this year's 11th class (and my own 12th of course). Sadly, they
didn't care much about the class. I wish some of them would have been
Indians :-)

However, they were 2 * 15 bug hunters and at least I remember there was a
single one found...

The bad news is that now I've graduated, they can't maintain the Linux
server and intranet anymore, so next year Gambas will be gone from
Osterburg...

Regards,
Tobi