Comment #5 on issue 464 by 2aq9j93...@cogeco.ca: Locale Format Not Useable
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=464

Sunday, 29 September 2013

Thank You for the reply. I appreciated it.

Problem solved but not your solution.

Your observations were not quite correct. While Gambas3 is running in a KDE
environment, I do have a fully functional Ubuntu environment that I
modified over a year ago to set up my date and time for gnome apps. The
LANG and LANGUAGE variables were modified. The locale files in my
/usr/share/i18n directory were modified to allow for a.m. and p.m..
Specifically, I modified
        am_pm       "<U0041><U004D>";"<U0050><U004D>"
                and changed it to (by adding dots) to
        am_pm
"<U0041><U002E><U004D><U002E>";"<U0050><U002E><U004D><U002E>"

That said, I screwed up. The parallel that I'll choose is a double
negative. I tried to compensate for a problem by adapting my code
unfortunately the 'problem' was already corrected earlier.

I used "a.m./p.m." in my code and the result is listed above. I only needed
to include "am/pm" because the changes were made long ago.

The en_US problem persists. Nothing I can do removed it.

Please mark this bug as WithDrawn.

issue notifications to this address.