> Can people test it on system having no KDE desktop at all?

Works on Ubuntu 13.10 with GNOME+Unity.

> It only provides a x86_64 installer. Can people test it on x86 system
> to see if they get the "unsupported architecture" error message on
> the command line?

I get this error message on Ubuntu Live (i386).

> The goal is to replace this test window by a full installer that will:
>
> 1) Install the required binary package according to the detected
> distribution.
>
> -> That means I have to know the command to install a binary package
> for each distribution.

Yeah, this will be the hard part.

> -> That means I have to know if I have to use sudo (Ubuntu...) or su
> (Mandriva...).

Check username with "$USER", and if output is not "root", exit with
error message.

> -> It will be possible to install the needed GUI components according
> to the desktop in use.
>
> -> It will be possible to install extra packages repositories (for
> example, Ubuntu PPA for Gambas) if needed, or asked by the user.
>
> -> ...and all you can imagine useful.
>
> Of course, if all required binary packages are already installed, no
> root password and nothing else will be asked the user.
>
> 2) Install the Gambas program locally (in the user directory) or
> globally (in /usr/bin).

But how to update the installed program? Like Windows? I like the
repositories.

> 3) Install the menu icon, the mime types, and all you find useful.

This is good. But how to revoke this changes? The package manager does
not see these.