Hey Benoit,

When I try the self extracting executable on my laptop it gives me the
following error message:

Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Gambas installer test.....................
STARTDIR=/tmp/selfgz25001
Unsupported architecture: i686

Architecture: x86
GUI component: GTK+
Desktop used: MATE 1.6.0

uname -a gives me the following results:
Linux LapDOS3 3.10-0.bpo.3-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.10.11-1~bpo70+1
(2013-09-24) i686 GNU/Linux

What might I be doing wrong?
Dimitris