hello

Thank You for the reply Benoit, merci

Like the other code in this topic I created it solely as an example. It
seems that my poor example is getting more mileage than the reason for the
post.

I again created the following code and tested it. Playing around with
commented lines shows what is ignored and what is not.

I also created an executable and with a hex editor located the ignored text
in the code. Particularly, one executable gave me "This is . . . Before . .
. After". The After part was ignored in the IDE. Neither line was commented
out.

Something is wrong. I apologise but I do not know enough to debug the
problem (if any). I do realise that this would be an excellent place to
insert malware. It is ignored valid code that may be included in the
executable.

Good Luck. Sorry to bother you if this is not a problem. Keep up the good
work.

Public Sub form_open()
  ' create Label1 on form
  Label1.Text = fuTemp()
End

Public Function fuTemp() As String
  Dim iLap As Integer
  iLap = 1
  Select Case iLap
    Case 1
      Return "This is " &
      '        "before"
      ' comment line
      ' Label1.Text = "This is " &
      '       "After" ' - cannot check this line debug and breakpoints not
working
      ' Debug Label1.Text - ' debug ignored
      ' iLap = 100 ' this line is ignored - cannot check because debug and
breakpoints ignored
      ' "This line is not ignored"
      ' breakpoints are ignored
      ' Format(Date(Year(Now), Month(Now), iLap), "mmmm, yyyy") ' this line
is ignored consistently
      ' Return "This is " &
      '       "after" ' this ignored as 2nd return (As Expected - one Return
only)
              ' acted upon when all above commented
      ' EXEC / SHELL [insert malware code here]' if a way to activate is
found
    Case Else
  End Select
End