I've got myself in a real mess with this one. :-(

I have a class in a local ("third-party") component that inherits the
native Application class. It provides some generic setup stuff, database
connectivity across networks and some basic security. It works fine and
has done so for a few years.

Now I have a need to override the Application class itself in a project
that uses this component (to provide an additional property which is a
collection of gb.logging Logger objects.) The new Application class uses
an _init() method to set up these logs.

When I run the project through the IDE, it starts and the stack
backtrace panel shows "(native code)" and execution just stops. It
doesn't hang or anything, it just stops as if it hit a debugging
breakpoint. There is no further information. If I then continue
execution (via F5 ) the program just ends. No errors, nothing.

I realise that the problem is caused by this mixing of overriding and
inheriting the native Application class. My problem is that I can't see
where to start looking for a solution.

So,
Is this mixing of inheritance and overrides on native classes "illegal"?
(If not) Does anyone know what is going on inside this "native code" at
the point of program startup?

tia
Bruce