On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Martin McGlensey wrote:
> Tobi,
>

> Some more information. I created a new project then imported the minimal
> files need to test it from the original project. They are the Main Men
> (startup class), form1, form2 and the module containing the connection.
> Commented out all references to forms not loaded. Now the connection and
> message errors are gone. Form1 and form2 will load and show data as they
> should. There is a new error however. It comes with the line
> Me.DataCombo1.Table = "tbllocation". The error message is "Unknown symbol
> 'DataCombo1' in container". The DataCombo box is in the datasource container
> with the other datacontrols. If I comment out the code for the DataCombo box
> the form loads properly. Tried adding a regular combobox outside the
> datasource and tried programming it. This generated the error as the
> datacombo box. The three forms loaded in the new project are not the ones I
> was working on prior to the problem.
>

> What should I do now?

If files are missing, you will get errors about missing (a.k.a. "unknown")
things. So complete the import before you try it out -- and try not to mess
around with the code (like commenting things out or changing controls) as
we're still not sure there isn't just an error in the code :-)

Also, you can try Charlie's suggestion to copy your project backup to some
temporary location and go through it with

  $ chown youruser:yourgroup -R /your/project/backup/copy

where "youruser" is your username (id -un), "yourgroup" is the group of
your user (id -gn). This method may give success faster. Don't work on your
backup, but a copy of it.